Counselling and welfare provision within the College



There are many people you can talk to at Caius if you need advice, support or help, no matter what the issue.

The College Nurse

The College Nurse and Head of Health and Wellbeing, Anne Limon Duparcmeur, is available to help with any problems which are causing concern or distress, whether major or minor. She is based in the College's own Health Centre, located in the Old Courts. Also based at the Health Centre is Rachel Winson, the Mental Health and Wellbeing Advisor.

College-based counsellor

A College-based counsellor is available by referral from the College Nurse. 

The Tutors

Each student is allocated a Tutor - a member of the academic staff whom you can go to with any concerns, whether to do with your academic work or any other aspect of your life. You can also choose to another tutor, for example you might specifically wish to see a male or female tutor, and there is always a designated duty tutor available outside normal hours.

The GCSU/MCR Welfare Team

The College's student union (GCSU) has a range of welfare officers who are trained to offer support and advice. The GCSU Welfare Officer can be contacted by email at, while the MCR Welfare Officer can be contacted via the , where there is further . The LGBT+ officer can be contacted at

The Peer Support Team

The Peer Support Initiative is coordinated by staff at the University Counselling Service. A peer supporter is not a counsellor but is a student (graduate or undergraduate) trained to know when referral to a counsellor or other help would be appropriate. 

The Dean

The Dean, the , has an open door for confidential help and counsel of any kind, guidance on matters of Christian faith, enquiries about confirmation and vocation, and confession. 

College Discrimination and Harassment Contact

Confidential support and advice for any student who feels they have been the victim of discrimination or harassment of any sort is available from the College Discrimination and Harassment Contact.